My english is not the best. so it is a mix of google and my english. Hope it is understandable. (:
Topp got an exclusive interview with Tokio Hotel in the hotel suite.
- We want to Norway
- We hope the fans has forgiven us! Says Bill Kaulitz to Topp. Tokio Hotel is completely back and is excited to meet Norwegian girls.
We meet tokio hotel on the fashionable East Hotel in Hamburg, in the suite of German superstars. Before the interview we've heard five tracks from their upcoming album Humanoid. The gays have two security guards to make sure no unauthorized persons gain entry. After Tokio Hotel became superstars, they can’t go anywhere alone.
- I like your style, says Bill, when he arrive at the door. Bill is wearing sky-high plateau shoes, black tight jeans, and is both taller and thinner than I had imagined. But also more handsome. Both Bill and Tom fit their new hairstyles, and appear more mature than before. But more English has neither Tom, Bill, Gustav or Georg learned since the last time Topp met them, although the album is published in both languages. In place in the hotel suite has the record company booked an interpreter.
Best in your own bed
- Is it ok that we will answer in German, ask Bill.
- We understand English, but we would like to answer as well as possible, and if it is okay for you so… Bill look at me and smiles.
I nod, and respond back that I actually have learned German at school. How good it is, I dare however not to promise the pop stars.
How is it to be back?
- Well, for us it feels not quite as a comeback, even though many refer to it as that. We have played and worked all the time, so for us it's just wonderful that we finally have a record out.
- We really look forward to the reaction of the record, but we are clearly a bit nervous for the feedback too.
You have been a lot in the USA, did you recorded your album in Germany or over there?
- Both. We have been in L.A, Miami and different studios here in Germany. We had a producer in LA, so there has been some travelling. We have also communicated via the web and Skype, says Bill.
It has been good for us to get energy from different places, and inspiration while we worked. New air to breathe in. But there is something special to have his own bed to sleep in, said Bill.
Could you live in the USA?
- Well, it is difficult for us to leave Germany. This is where we have our family, friends and other relations. But an apartment in the USA we could like to have, so we do not have to stay at the hotel each time, says Tom.
Twin brothers Bill and Tom still share an apartment, and have not needed to live independently. The sibling pair is the world's best friends and shares everything. Bill admits that it was good to have Tom around when he had surgery last year.
Can you say anything about the operation you had? Are everything all right now?
- Yes, I must say it was difficult for me, especially because we had to cancel several concerts. I hope the fans will forgive us, it really unfortunate that it went beyond them. You take it into yourselves, and I hope never anything like this will happen again. But it was something I was not master of, said Bill. I'm fine now - knock on the table, said Bill, and get everyone to knock on the table.
You had to cancel your concert in Norway, do you think it will set up new concerts now?
- We do not know what time, but we are planning a big tour in 2010 - and we want to Norway obviously. We love our Norwegian fans.
Could you have been dating a fan?
- You should never say never…
Read more about tokio hotel in the next TOPP